Sunday, January 9, 2011

Breakfast Pork - BLD

I've long heard about BLD (short for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) and its massive pancakes and other breakfast treats (I've mostly heard about the B as opposed to the LD). I finally made it over and was very impressed with the food, if not the rather lackluster service.

This place has been thoroughly reviewed, but I wanted to highlight the braised pork and poached egg breakfast. A Benedict type dish, it features braised pork with hollandaise on toast. The braised pork is fantastic with lots of red wine and caramelized onion notes. The hollandaise is subtle and not at all heavy, which makes it a good complement to the richenss of the pork.

A side of Nueske bacon (what better to accompany pork than a side of pork) was thickly cut and cooked to perfection with nicely caramelized edges.

I'm looking forward to trying the rest of the BLD menu, if I can ever order anything other than the braised pork benedict.


BLD
7450 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 930-9744

No comments: