Thursday, October 29, 2009

The New Food Blogging Twiteratti

In an effort to be the absolute first to review new establishments, from now on, I'm going to Twitter my reviews. That way, I can have the definitive first word and no one else will need to review them.

In case you missed it, here is my first Twitter project. I stopped by the opening night of Bistro Merde in Hollywood on Saturday night and gave this report.


Banging on door...I need to be first in!
5:28 PM Oct 24th from web.

I hope none of these other foools are blggrs.
5:29 PM Oct 24th from web.

Sitting down, nice decor - blue walls and mirror.
5:32 PM Oct 24th from web.

Tap watter please - don't rip me biatch
5:37 PM Oct 24th from web.

No wine - can't tweet on the drive home if I'vebeen drinking - tooo risky.
5:41 PM Oct 24th from web.

Menu is long - will try to download photo
5:43 PM Oct 24th from web.

Sorry, had to take a call and missed contemporaneous tweeting of amuse- damn!@!
5:48 PM Oct 24th from web.

Sweetbread app - first bite is good/ crisp and firm
5:52 PM Oct 24th from web.

Second bite - CAPERS!!! Fkyeah
5:53 PM Oct 24th from web.

Mopping up sauce w bread now
5:58 PM Oct 24th from web.

@SoupBlogger, hey are you at the table near big mirror - whup?
6:02 PM Oct 24th from web in reply to SoupBlogger.

My date thinks this is not what she signed up for - I'm doubting I'm taking her for a second date.
6:05 PM Oct 24th from web.

Mains are here - almond crusted arctic char for her; duck confit for me.
6:12 PM Oct 24th from web.

Damnn, pickkked up dulk legh and greazze gt on my ipone ewijlks.ssjlie
6:16 PM Oct 24th from web.

Duck is good but char is overdone
6:18 PM Oct 24th from web.

Decrumbing happening
6:28 PM Oct 24th from web.

Great bathroom decor
6:32 PM Oct 24th from web.

I AM TWEETING ON THE TOILET
6:33 PM Oct 24th from web.

Dessert - for me lavendar chocolate mousse with lemongrass/garlic sorbet
6:36 PM Oct 24th from web.

Date in bathroom - eating dessert so sorbet won't melt
6:37 PM Oct 24th from web.

Date still in bathroom - bill is here
6:47 PM Oct 24th from web.

Waiting for date - jeez what's up?
6:59 PM Oct 24th from web.

Shit, she was my ride home
7:26 PM Oct 24th from web.

Two and one half stars - FAIL- I mean how good can a place be if your date feels she has to walk out - will yelp it while I wait for cab
7:38 PM Oct 24th from web.


Look out twenty-first century, Sku has arrived!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sku,

well done :-) look foreward to further twitterisku...

Found your blog via Edinburgh Whisky Blog & Dr. Whisky. One thing leeds to another. Will do some Cajun cooking soon...

greetings from Kiel, Germany

Juergen

SinoSoul said...

Bistro Merde... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Altho, I hear Le St. Amour is doing the same menu as Bistro Merde...

sku said...

Juergen, thanks for visiting and posting. As you may have gathered, whiskey posts are on Wednesdays (well, Tuesday night actually).

SinoSoul, damn fine write up on Squid Ink.

kentanaka said...

har har