Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Best Coffee on Larchmont: Bricks & Stones


If you're hankering for coffee near the small commercial strip of Larchmont Village, you've got a lot of options. Aside from the big chains (both a Starbucks and a Peet's inhabit the block), there are a number of smaller places, like Larchmont Bungalow, which roasts its own beans. The best coffee in the area, though, lies slightly north of the strip, at Bricks & Scones on the west side of the street, north of Beverly.

For their drinks, Bricks & Scones uses LA Mill coffee. It's nicely made and, while it may not be the best in town, it's easily the best on the Larchmont strip.

The seating area is comfortable (though it can get a bit crowded) with an outdoor patio, board games and the obligatory free wi-fi. They have pretty decent scones as well as an assortment of sandwiches and food, none of which I've sampled. I mostly just go for the coffee.

Bricks & Scones
403 N. Larchmont Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323) 463-0811


1 comment:

Bob.Frederick said...

Great find and never too crowded. I work right near here. Hey hit me up some Friday, I'll share some of my Bourbon I keep under my desk. Haha, cheers.