Sunday, March 16, 2008

Taking a Stand for Breakfast: The Stand

Encino's The Stand is a well known hot dog joint. They may not make the best hot dogs in town, but they do a reliably good dog. On a recent morning when I happened to be in the Valley, I headed over to get some dogs. Much to my chagrin, however, I arrived before 11:30 and was told that hot dogs were not a breakfast food. I consoled myself by ordering what turned out to be the best breakfast sandwich I have ever had.

This behemoth consists of a nice, garlicky sausage topped with a plain omelet, cheese and an order of hash browns, all mushed between your choice of toast or a bagel. It is literally, breakfast in a sandwich. I felt I had died and gone to breakfast heaven.


The Stand
17000 Ventura Boulevard
(Just West of Balboa)
Encino, CA 91316
(818) 788-2700

The Stand also has a location in Century City and a new one in Westwood.

No comments: