Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Butchering the Pig

How did I miss this?

One of Mozza2Go's classes for their "scuola di pizza" was entitled "Introduction to Pig Butchery" and included this great description:

Join Mozza Chef Chad Colby as he demonstrates how to utilize a whole pig and turn it into a meal.


Yes, for only $150, I could have learned how to butcher a whole pig. Now granted, this is not the most practical of classes for the lay-cook. I mean, the closest I ever come to a whole pig is at the LA County Fair, but it just seems so cool.

If anyone has taken the class, please chime in. I'd love to hear about it and to know what you did with the snout.

3 comments:

Joseph said...

They are still offering the pig butchery class in October. Check their events calendar, but I think the dates are October 6 and October 2o.

Will said...

I haven't been to any of Mozza's classes, but from what I've heard they're demos more than classes - not hands-on. So more like a demo where you get to eat afterwards.

stuffycheaks said...

not that keen about the butchery part but partaking in the nose to tail cuisine sounds amazing!