There were some great reader responses to my whiskey edition of Said No One Ever, both in the comments and on social media. Here are a few of my favorites:
- I'm glad I bought all the Orphan Barrels.
- This six month old Frankenstein whiskey really does taste like it's ten.
- I wish my favorite distillery would come out with a younger expression or a NAS because I really love the grassy sweet and aggressive kick of young whiskey.
- K&L really underplayed that whiskey.
- I really like Canadian Whiskey because it always has such depth and character.
- I think Bowmore peaked in the '80s.
- I think closed distilleries generally went out of business because their whiskey was bad.
- I think I'll wait and buy this on the secondary market.