Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Blog of the Month: Whisky Lassie


Canadian whisky blogger Johanne McInnis started Whisky Lassie in 2012 and has been posting at a solid clip ever since. Whisky Lassie tends to focus on Scotch (especially Tomatin) and Canadian Whisky and brings a unique voice to everything she discusses. The thing I like most about the blog is that it almost never repeats things seen on other blogs. Both feisty and unpredictable, Whisky Lassie isn't afraid to be contrarian, defending NAS whiskies at a time when they are under attack, and she has little use for anything she perceives as snobbishness on the part of whisky geeks. While I don't always agree with her, I always enjoy reading her opinions and the stories she tells.  Check it out!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Whisky Lassie is a favorite of mine as well. She is as generous as anyone in the WhiskFabric, as she calls it, that I have met. She is her own woman and a fun read. She has paid her dues and has a great palate. One of my go to opinions when I need Canadian Whisky advice. CHEERS for Johanne!!

Whisky Lassie said...

Well, isn't this refreshing! I could give my Sally Fields Oscar speech, but I'm not sure you are old enough to even know who that is?? hehehe

Thanks for the very kind words, I appreciate that someone.. anyone recognizes that my blog is a bit unique. I like it that way. Tomatin: Yeah... I really do love that distillery. What can I say, how can I not...

I'll keep being me, that won't change. Thanks for the honour. Truly appreciated.

#whiskyfabric will always be awesome to me...

Lassie

Anonymous said...

You have outed yourself, Johanne, citizen of the British Empire... 'honour.' ;)

Endeavour to drink what you know.

Anonymous said...

Checked it out. Liked it!

Thanks to Sku for pointing it out and to lassie for being... well... Lassie!

two-bit cowboy said...

Heartily agree, sku. We met the Lassie in B.C. in January and were reading her blog before that. Always a great and fun read.